Horizons Trust (Horizons) recognises the importance of protecting your privacy.
- any other website operated by Horizons from time to time.
You are not required to provide us with any personal information that we request. However, if you do not do so, we may not be able to provide certain services to you.
1.3 Important Notice: New Zealand residents
Our Websites and services are intended for New Zealand residents only. If you are located in another country you may be subject to other laws, including data protection laws. For that reason, if you are not located in New Zealand you are not permitted to use, and must immediately cease using, our Website and services.
1.5 Additional rights and obligations
2. Collection of personal information
2.1 Types of personal information we may collect.
The personal information we collect will vary depending on the services that you use, and your interactions with us. For example, we may collect your:
- contact information, such as your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address.
- information about services that you intend to engage with.
- feedback that you provide to us.
2.2 How we collect personal information.
Generally, we collect personal information directly from you. We may also collect your personal information from a third party if you authorise us to do so.
For example, we collect your personal information when you:
- use our services.
- volunteer to assist Horizons Trust.
- online form (e.g. to make a donation).
- correspond with us (e.g email).
Please note that it is possible to browse the Websites without providing personal information if you do not intend to utilise the services and functions listed above. We do not attempt to identify users or their browsing activities unless they choose to submit personal information.
When you use our Website we may also collect the information that does not identify you (or any other individual), such as analytical information about use of our website. When you use our Website, short text files called “cookies” may be automatically downloaded to your computer or mobile device. Cookies enable us to provide you with a better experience by enabling the Website to know that you have visited before and in some cases to record preferences in order to personalise your visit. Cookies also assist us to analyse the profile of our visitors. These can be session cookies which are deleted when you close your browser and/or persistent cookies which remain on your computer or mobile device for a longer period of time. To delete or stop cookies being placed on your computer refer to the help menu on your internet browser. In a few cases blocking cookies may reduce the functionality of our Website or otherwise prevent access to them depending on your chosen browser options. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org.
2.4 Information about other people
3. Use of personal information
Horizons Trust may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- for the general operation of Horizons and our relationship with you – including providing you with products or services that you have requested.
- to process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by or about you.
- for any other purpose that is authorised by you or permitted by law.
We may also use your contact information to send you information about Horizons Trust (such as information about new services and other ways that you can support Horizons Trust). This may include contacting you via email or other electronic means. To opt-out of receiving marketing communications you can amend your preferences in your profile or settings, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We also use aggregated and anonymous information (where identifiable characteristics are removed) for research and analytical purposes. However, we will never use your personal information for research purposes without your consent.
4. Disclosure of personal information
Horizons Trust may share your personal information with the following parties:
- our related companies and organisations, partners, contractors and service providers, to assist us with the operation of Horizons Trust.
- any other party authorised by you or to whom we are required or authorised to disclose personal information in accordance with applicable law.
We require any third parties to adhere to our confidentiality requirements and to the requirements of the Privacy Act.
5. Storage of personal information
Security of your information is very important to us. We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to protect personal information that we hold. However, due to the inherent nature of the internet, we are not able to guarantee the security of any information that you hold or that you transmit to us.
We rely on you to update us if your contact details change (please refer to the Contact Us section below).
6. Access and correction of personal information
Under the Privacy Act, you have the right to access and request correction of any personal information that we hold about you. Please refer to the Contact Us section below.
7. Other websites
8. Contact us
The Manager, Horizons Trust, PO Box 42103, Christchurch 8149